My first and most important business is technology consulting. It's first because it came first. And it's most important because it gave me the background, experience, and financial backing to start writing books.
So KPEnterprises (Sacramento's Premier Microsoft Small Business Specialist) is the starting place for what I do.
Now, let me introduce you to my OTHER business:
I love writing. You might have guessed this from what I do.
- Every month, I put out a four-page technology newsletter for my clients.
- Of course I write things for my consulting web site.
- And the feeder site for that
- I write a weekly email newsletter for smb consultants.
- And do the twice-monthly SMB Conference Call
- And put on Seminars
- I write books and more books.
- Oh, and over at Relax Focus Succeed I wrote a book that just won an award.
- And there's a monthly Relax Focus Succeed Newsletter.
- Then I have this blog, the RFS blog, a client-facing blog, and a few things that are just cooking and none of your business.
I am the luckiest person in the world.
Because, at the end of the day, I do a bunch of fun stuff. I do what I want. I do what I love.
I get to play with EBS and SBS betas. I get to toy with virtual servers and big-ass storage systems -- and get paid for it.
Then I get to travel around, meet people, sell stuff, schmeme, make friends, live in a very exciting world that's abuzz with positive people and positive attitudes.
And then I get to write about it!
So my "other business" might be publishing. Or blogging. Or giving seminars. Or whatever. My other business is whatever I happen to be doing this minute.
I hope your business is as enjoyable as mine. Because, at the end of the day, your business should give you energy and not suck is away.