Highly Successful Project Management
- Five Tuesdays - November 21 - December 19, 2017 - Register Now
- All classes start a 9:00 AM Pacific
This course will cover the most important aspects of project management for small business. It is intended for computer consultants, VARs, and managed service providers. Whether you sell projects on a Time-and-Materials basis or flat fee, it is critical to manage them successfully. Successful projects are more than simply profitable. Successful projects make you look good. They make the client more productive and potentially more profitable. They help you build a positive relationship.
This course is intended for consultants who are new to project management as well as those who have been running projects for years and would like to take a serious step up to a the next level of professionalism and profitability.
This is an intensive teleseminar course over a five week period. All assignments are voluntary, of course. But if you want feedback on assignments, please complete assignments during this course and email them to the instructor.
Topics to be presented include:
- Different kinds of project management; What’s best for this job?
- Tools to Use for managing your projects
- Documentation at all stages
- Pre-Discovery Process
- The Discovery Process
- Documentation and Communication
- After the Project
- Checklists of all kinds
- Project Planning, Quoting, and Selling
- Why Projects Go Wrong
- The Scope is Everything
- Closed Loop Project Management
- How an Ant Eats an Elephant
- Managing Projects in Your PSA
- Microsoft Project
- Client Training
- The Evaluation Process
- Managing Time / Managing Employees
- Outsourcing Options
- Creating Repeatable, Successful Projects
- Building an Action Plan that works
Overview of the Course
Week One: Introduction / Setting the Stage
Week Two: Project Planning, Quoting, Selling
Week Three: Closed Loop Execution
Week Four: Repeatable Success
Week Five: Implementing Your PM Process
Includes five weeks of webinar classes with related handouts, assignments, and "office hours" with the instructor.
This course is intended for business owners and managers. It is particularly useful for the Service Manager or Operations Manager.
A Few Details . . .
- Each course will be five one-hour webinar calls
- There will be handouts and "homework" assignments
- If you wish to receive feedback on your assignments, there will be instructor office hours
- Class calls will be recorded and made available to paid attendees only
- All calls start at 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Post a Comment
Please note, however, that spam will be deleted, as will abusive posts.