Small Biz Thoughts Community.
This book originally sold for $299.95 and currently sells for $149.95. It is a massive work that took thousands of hours of labor.
Download zip file includes checklists in Word Doc format and additional files. The first 250 pages are chapters on project design, management, and all the details of running a Zero Downtime Migration project. The final 220 pages are the super, monster, thorough checklist (which is really a series of nested checklists). Total zip file is just over 11 MB.
You can read lots of details on the book page here or even more at www.networkmigrationworkbook.com.
Let's be honest, anyone can perform a network migration WITH downtime. You simply kick everyone off the system, put the client out of business for some period of time, and push through until you're done.
Without downtime is another story.
Without downtime . . .
You can do network migrations during the workweek
The client doesn't have to ever send people home because of you
You can work when 3rd party support is available
You don't have to pay overtime
and Neither does the client
You look like a hero!
Now includes the complete checklist for SBS 2011!
ZDTM: Zero Downtime Migrations Are Not Easy
-- But They Are Manageable
Table of Contents:
- Foreword to the Second Edition
- About the Authors
- The Plan of the Book
- I. Introduction and Overview
- Chapter 1 Migrating the Windows Environment
- Chapter 2 Project Management
- II. Defining the Migration Project – Start Here
- Chapter 3 Migration Project Overview
- Chapter 4 Quoting the Migration Project
- III. The Big Checklist
- Chapter 5 The Network Migration Checklist Explained
- IV. Bringing It All Together
- Chapter 6 Strategies for a Successful Zero Downtime Migration
- V. Case Studies
- Chapter 7 Case Study #1: SBS 2003 – A Complicated Migration
- Chapter 8 Case Study #2: SBS 2008 – A Simple Migration
- VI. Cloud and Other Non-SBS Migrations
- Chapter 9 Cloud Strategies, Cloud Migrations, and Hybrid Solutions
- Chapter 10 Example Checklist for Migrating to Cloud Services
- Chapter 11 Migrating to Microsoft Foundation Server
- VII. SBS 2011 Essentials
- Chapter 12: SBS Essentials: New Installations and Migrations
- Chapter 13: Checklists for SBS Essentials Environments
- A. The Big Checklist
- B. Procedure-Based Index to the Big Checklist
- C. Online Materials / Registering Your Book
Check it out now.
Total value of downloads within the Small Biz Thoughts Community is now over $3,375!
|Check Out the #1 Best-Selling book on Managed Services ever!|
Managed Services in A Month
by Karl W. Palachuk
3nd Edition - Newly Revised and Updated with TEN new chapters
Paperback - Ebook - Audio Book
Unlike some books with old copyrights that sell for $60 or more, this book is 100% up to date and is only $29.95.
Now includes information on making cloud services part of your managed service offering!