Make the Most of QuickBooks Desktop in an IT Service Business
Taught By: Rayanne Buchianico
October 15, 2019 - November 12, 2019
Tuesdays, 9:00 AM PST
QuickBooks is QuickBooks, right?
Well . . .
QuickBooks has to be set up right. Then it has to be used right. Then you need to have specific processes for the kinds of things you do in YOUR business. QuickBooks has some great interview-based setup parameters that differentiate between a "service" business and a storefront.
But QuickBooks does NOT have a configuration setting tailored specifically for a technology consulting business! There is no "MSP" option when you install QuickBooks.
In this class, Rayanne walks you through several processes that are geared toward the kind of business you run.
This class provides unique content from a unique teacher! Rayanne is a managed service provider from Tampa, FL. She is also an accountant and an Intuit certified ProAdvisor. In addition to her MSP business, Rayanne helps I.T. consultants to take control of their finances and understand their own business at a deeper level
Topics for this class include:
- Set up your Chart of Accounts to manage your MSP
- Read and understand your financial reports
- Set up and track KPIs and service-level metrics
- How to track and claim a credit for sales tax paid to vendors on products for resale
- Maintaining HAAS equipment and recording income and expense properly
- Tracking direct labor and overhead payroll expenses
- Creating and maintaining a purchase order system
- Managing customer deposits, retainer payments, and unearned revenue
- Action plans for success
- . . . and More!
Delivered by Rayanne Buchianico, Financial Coach and QuickBooks Advisor. Rayanne has been an MSP - managed service provider - for many years and advises MSPs on how to get the most out of their QuickBooks and PSA integrations.
Includes five weeks of webinar classes with related handouts, assignments, and "office hours" with the instructor.
This course is intended for business owners and managers. It is particularly useful for the Service Manager or Operations Manager.