Ten steps might seem like a lot, but it's not. After all, you need to ...
1. Define the Job
2. Post the ad and collect resumes
3. Sort resumes and find good candidates
4. Hold a quick one-minute interview
5. Have an interview by the owner/manager
6. Have an interview by one or more technicians
7. Take the candidate to lunch (interview)
8. Give the candidate some homework
9. Score the candidate and compare scores
10. Make an offer
Of course I go into some detail here.
You might not use this exact process, but you should have SOME process. If you don't define it now, you'll just fumble around when it's time to hire someone. Our experience is that when we follow the process we get good employees. When we don't follow the process, we don't get good employees.
Define a process that makes sense for your business!
Please subscribe to my SOP YouTube Channel!